Wednesday, July 22, 2009

01/04/2009

Hey family, how's it going? It is going well here. I haven't got the letter you sent with the bowl info yet. Hopefully it'll get here tomorrow. That's awesome though that the Utes pulled it out. Number 2 sounds crazy right behind our old coach. The two best coaches in the nation used to coach on the same team. I got a really long letter from Aunt Julie today. That was super nice of her. Tell her thanks. I still need their address though to send them a thank you note. I thought of a few more things for my package if you could hurry and get for me before you send it.

My light blue tie that I wore when I took Darci to homecoming
The three ties Riley gave me for my birthday
The purple tie, hanky, and suspender combo Cody gave me
Take Jordan and Ryan to the DI/Savers and have them pick out ties for me too
Would you please send me a paisley tie or two?

I'm amazed at how little they care about ties here. I picked ones to bring that are really conservative and I wish hadn't. We do this thing called "corbata trading" corbata is Spanish for tie. So ties are very important. Thanks I'd love that if you would do that for me. Make sure the package gets here soon, we are running out of time before I leave!

well the big news for me here is I was made zone leader yesterday. I'm in charge of 3 districts and there are about 10 missionaries in each district. The district leaders report to me and I report to the branch presidency. Its pretty cool but I have about 5 more meetings a week now. I'm also in charge of training the nuevos, or new missionaries. I still have the same companions though to answer mom's question. My branch president is an interesting guy. He is about 5' 9'' 400 pounds and has a striking resemblance to a turtle. haha He's really nice though and he served in Argentina as well. Well I have to run. I'll be looking for the letter and package soon. Thanks so much. I'll talk to you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment